- Promote volunteerism by providing a central resource for recruitment, registration and orientation.
- Assist organizations to maintain high standards in their use of volunteers by offering training, consultation on volunteer management, as well as encouraging the recognition of volunteer work.
- Provide current resource directories on all services available to seniors, and information on how to access those services
- Connect people to what matters in our collective communities!
- Enhance our community by providing services, resources, and referrals, training, and recognition of volunteers.
Mission, Vision, and Guiding Principles
Vision: Empowering our volunteers, staff, and funders – through – offering rewarding volunteer experiences, programs and learning opportunities for individuals and organizations.
Mission: Volunteer Terrace will enhance our communities by providing services, resources and referrals; recruitment, training, and recognition of volunteers.
Our Guiding Principles are to work with integrity while building relationships, partnerships and supporting collective communities.
History and Structure
Volunteer Terrace – previously known as Terrace Volunteer Bureau – was created in 1990 as a non-profit society and the Bureau’s first project was to create a seniors’ service director. In 1992, Volunteer Terrace started recruiting volunteers and matching them with volunteer opportunities.
Volunteer Terrace remains a registered non-profit charity, run by a volunteer Board of Directors. Operations are organized by an Executive Director and staff, providing valuable opportunities for volunteers to contribute meaningfully to our community.
Volunteer Terrace is proud to offer many programs and services such as:
- Volunteer Recruitment, Screening, Training, and Referral
- Volunteer Opportunity Connection
- Seniors’ Programs
- Youth Volunteer Corps
If you’re interested or have any questions, contact us today!
3235 Emerson Street
Terrace, BC, V8G 5L2