The Helping Handyman Program has been providing services to seniors for over 20 years in Terrace! The program delivers a very broad scope of services to seniors and persons with disabilities.
We can help with:
- Spring and fall yard cleanup blitz* (up to twice per year)
- Lawn mowing
- Wash outside windows on single story homes
- Minor plumbing and home repairs
- Installations of grab bars, ramps and other safety equipment
- Changing hard to reach light bulbs
- Snow shoveling of your walkway and stairs
- Winterize trailers and homes
We offer free consultations to clients who need major repairs done. Clients pay for materials; labor is free!
Who we help?
- Frail seniors who have little or no family assistance
- Persons who have chronic health or physical challenges
- Seniors on a low income
- Do you rent? – we are unable to help with anything that is the landlord’s responsibility, however, we can do yard cleanup and wash outside windows!
Testimonial ~ “Volunteer Terrace was great at the time I felt so helpless getting a project assembled.. (new bed with mega drawers ) I’ve no patience for instructions. Another is when no help was about I can be rest assured my driveway was taken care of one winter .. I’m thankful I can rely on volunteer help. From a grateful client.”
For more information
Program Coordinator: Lori Beauchamp